Our main underwater camera is the Sony rx100v with the underwater housing. It’s hands down the best entry level setup. It’s affordable but leaps and bounds better quality over any consumer action camera.
Sony RX 100 V
At the time of publishing, this camera doesn’t have an underwater housing but is waterproof up to 30ft. We use it for snorkeling only to avoid an accidental flooding. The quality and rugged durability of this camera can’t be beat.
The Go Pro does still have its place in our arsenal. It’s a great all-around camera that gets the job done. Just don’t go down without the underwater housing. We’ve accidentally killed two cameras in the water.
Go Pro Hero7
- Buy From Amazon – https://amzn.to/2FsF7cx
- Underwater Housing – https://amzn.to/2XtOFhp
- Buy From B&H – https://bhpho.to/30jlagz
360 and Super Creative
No more wondering if I caught that shark or ray that swam by, this camera films everything! This camera is new for us but already we are super impressed with the stabilization and unique shots we can get. We’re excited to get creative with this one!
Insta 360 One X
- Buy From Amazon – https://amzn.to/2IAdGzm
- Underwater Housing: https://amzn.to/2N0JCRt
- Buy From B&H – https://bhpho.to/30iIT0p