There’s a lot to learn about RV’s, the RV lifestyle, RV programs and all the helpful apps that exist. We’ve created this page as an ongoing source of all of our favorite RV related resources.
This isn’t a popularity contest article, things are not listed in any particular order and if we don’t have some sort of personal experience with a resource, or don’t think a site is truly helpful, we don’t list it. Of course we’re always learning, so as we discover new RV resources we will list them here…so check back every so often or sign up by email to see our new favorites.
Websites / Blogs
There are a ton of RV specific blogs and websites out there but only a few that we feel are true resources beyond just personal travels, experiences, fluff and advertisements. If you are looking for fun personal RV blogs to follow, check out HitchItch because they have most blogs listed.
- Wheeling It – Nina and Paul are fellow outdoor enthusiast so we naturally enjoy them. They share all kinds of practical information that just about anyone can learn from.
- Technomadia – You’ll find a little of everything from Chris and Cherie but as their name implies they’re mostly about tech, we love talking solar, cellular and lithium with these guys.
- RV Mobile Internet Resource Center – Technomadia created this website that covers cellular, WiFi, satellite and anything signal enhancing. They do a ton of research, share options and their give opinions to help you make the best decision for your mobile internet needs.
- RV Geeks – These guys have been making How To RV videos for a long time and have a wide variety of simple DIY maintenance and upgrade videos.
- Fulltime Families – Everything about traveling with kids and roadschooling!
- RV Basic Training – The name says it all, these are some of the only guys we know of that come to you and teach you how to drive your RV. Sometimes it’s cheaper to pay for the education than the repair bill.
Clubs / Organizations
There are a lot of different programs out there that want your money but these are the ones we have found to be the most useful. Yes, it’s a very short list.
- Escapees / Xcapers RV Club – They’re a one stop shop for a lot of things from residency to mail.
Camping Programs / Websites
This is another one of those things where everyone is quick to sell you on a program but not always so quick to deliver with something worth the price of membership.
- Harvest Hosts – By far one of our favorites. This very affordable program allows you to stay overnight at farms, wineries, preserves and museums.
- Campendium – A Free, spankin’ new site for finding campgrounds (free and paid alike) along with user submitted photos and reviews. I predict this will quickly become the go to source for finding campgrounds.
- Thousand Trails – This is an annual camping membership that can save full timers a lot of money. Read the fine print and make sure the campgrounds are in locations you want to visit. Some campgrounds are beautiful while the next could use some updating but it is a good program that can save you a lot of money if you use it. We know full timers that exclusively stay at Thousand Trails parks because its so cheap.
- Passport America – lots of restrictions here and they vary from park to park (even seasonally) but it can be worth it if you stay at a lot of RV resorts or just need a place to recharge in between Wild Camping spots.
- AAA – We have AAA Plus RV for the roadside assistance plan and it gets us the same 10% discount at most parks as Good Sam. It works for us and covers both our RV and tow car.
Staying Social / Apps
To be honest, we are not forum people and have spent very little time on them over the years but that doesn’t mean there aren’t great people hanging out full of useful information and helpful tips.
Our Most Helpful Pages
- RVin Page – All of our most helpful RV specific info in one place
- Make Money and Travel – Want to hit the road full time but not sure your current job will be travel friendly? This series is for you.
- Wild Camping – Everything we have on boondocking, living and surviving out in the wild, off the cord, foot loose and fancy free!
- Solar – Everything from inverters to panels to portable solar kits.
- Composting Toilet – Because black tanks stink! Everything you need to know about having a composting toilet in your RV.
- Shop – All of our favorite gadgets and gear that we use, love and recommend all in one place!
- Map – If you are planning a trip and want to know our thoughts on a place, this map is where you will find it! Zoom, hover and click to find your next adventure!
Events / Seminars
- RV Owners Lifestyle Seminar – If you want to learn how to use/operate your RV a seminar like this one is the perfect place to do it!
Do you have a favorite RV resource you want to share that didn’t make our list? Tell us what it is and why you like it in the comment box below. We would love to hear what resources have helped you along the way.
Want to say “Thanks” for all the info? Here are some ways you can do just that!