One of the biggest challenges of living in an RV is organizing! The closets and drawers aren’t normal sizes so trying to find RV storage solutions can be super tricky. Not only are you trying to find a home for everything you have to also worry about what will happen if you hit a big bump going down the road. Will things survive and stay in place? Many broken glasses and clothing disasters later, we have finally learned what does and does not work for RV living.
Here are a few of the tips and tricks we have learned to organize our RV and we hope they can help you organize your traveling home on wheels.
- We purchased our Tie Organizers from The Container Store but we’ve found them much cheaper online at Amazon: Tie and Underwear Storage Boxes
- We purchased our 12×12 storage boxes from Ikea, but you can find them pretty much everywhere now: 12×12 Fabric Drawer
- Of course standard shoe boxes are always a great investment for organizing, but make sure it’s clear and comes with a lid: Clear Shoe Box
- A Lazy Susan with a lip and rubber to keep stuff from sliding around is surprisingly helpful in large cabinets, or in the fridge, here’s the one we have: Lazy Susan Turntable
- In our Vesta our litter-box solution was fine, in our Excursion it’s not working so well. Thinking of upgrading to this one to reduce the never ending spread of litter: Modkat Litter Box
You may also want to check out these posts/videos:
- Simple Tricks to Make Any Dishes RV Safe
- Favorite RV Kitchen Gadgets
- A Day In The Life – Wild and Free Camping
Is your RV still a hot mess? Don’t worry, we’ll add more organizing tips as we find them. Tell us your storage issues or favorite solutions in the comments below and we will try and cover them in the next update of Don’t Be a Hot Mess!