If you have never been to an RV show, watch this quick video on why you should attend a show. Then check out the tips below on the do’s and don’ts.
RV shows are great for several reasons, and if you are considering the RV lifestyle, it’s the best place to start! However, if you aren’t prepared….you could end up with blisters on your feet and no idea of what RV you want. To avoid this, follow these Do’s and Don’ts:
- Arrive with your goals in mind and/or written down. Know how you want to use your RV and where you will want to take it. Also, consider questions such as: Where you plan to store it? What’s your budget (super important)? How do you plan to finance it? (if you are thinking of buying at the show, arrange financing ahead of time)
- Comfortable Shoes are a must! Shows are big and can easily take hours to cover the entire show.
- Check the show directory and schedule. Spend some time checking out all the cool gadgets and helpful seminars.
- Ask questions! There will be dozens of dealers, manufacturers, representatives, expert speakers and of course fellow RV’ers. Take advantage and write a short list of your biggest questions. You don’t want to forget when the moment arises.
- Take a test drive, sit on the furniture, jump on the bed, pretend to cook a meal and take a shower! Check out everything! Most important, if you have found a top pick, test drive it.
- Don’t wander into RV’s that you would never consider buying. At least not until you have done what you came to accomplish.
- Avoid impulse. Ask for a free return pass. The biggest mistake you can make is buying on impulse. The temptation to buy on the spot can be overwhelming but, the deal won’t go away over night.
- Don’t go alone. If you have a travel partner, make sure they are involved in the decision process.
- Don’t settle. There are so many RV’s out there and one will be perfect for you. If you’re not 100%, walk away.
Now that you know what to do, it’s time to put your knowledge to work. Happy shopping!
Did I miss anything? If you have “newbie” tips to share, post them in the comment box below.