Just Buckin’ Around at Sea
There are some days when I think I’m going to die from an overdose of satisfaction.
Salvador Dali famously said that statement, so I will give him credit. Because it’s the perfect sentiment for this slice of our documented life. Moorea and all of French Polynesia is visual dream. The landscapes are physical representations of the scenes you read about in books and then wonder if they really exist.
It took us six hundred and eighty-two solitary hours of sailing across the Pacific Ocean to get here. But those hours are slowly fading into the background, floating in a sea of other fond memories.
We’re reaping the rewards of a sailors life and feeling pleased as punch about it.
The typical #BoatLife problems like worn bottom paint and a fridge on life support, feel less important than the adventures surrounding us. Plus, the wind has returned and another anchorage is calling our name. So slap on some sunscreen and lets go sailing!
WHAT’S WITH THE RED ROPE?
Wondering what we’re doing with the extra red line attached to the genoa? Well, that is our version of a Barber Hauler. It helps get the sail out a little further and hold better shape when sailing deep downwind. If all of that makes no sense to you, try googling Barber Hauler.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FRIDGE?
In the last episode, our fridge wasn’t keeping temperature so we had to use our backup cooler fridge. If you missed it, catch up on the story here: gonewiththewynns.com/dead-fridge-cool-water
Sharing our lives and what we learn along the way is possible because of viewers like you. If you like what you see, there are lots of FREE ways you can show your support. Thank you for being a part of the journey.
RESOURCES & GEAR IN THIS VIDEO
Sailing Specific Gear
- Chartplotter: https://amzn.to/2xHqxsV
- Garmin InReach: gonewiththewynns.com/product/inreach-satellite-communication-and-tracking
- iPad Mount at Helm: https://amzn.to/2RWRz95 Using iPad Pro: http://amzn.to/2d9Oopf
- Sailing/Navigation/Weather Apps:
- Weather, Messaging & Email: gonewiththewynns.com/product/iridium-go-predictwind
- Sony rx10: https://amzn.to/2QAHxwx
- Go Pro: https://amzn.to/2ALaz3d
- Virb: gonewiththewynns.com/product/virb
- Drone: https://amzn.to/2VQ2pzi
Freediving / Snorkeling Gear
AWESOME tunes for vids: http://bit.ly/artlist-gwtw
- Artists Used In This Video: Giants and Pilgrims / Phototaxis / Alon Ohana / Eyal Raz
To see our full map with interactive pins, click here: gonewiththewynns.com/map
- Dates: July 25 – 26, 2018
- Sailed: 12 Nautical Miles From Te’avaro to Opunohu Bay
- Anchorage: Opunohu Bay, Moorea, French Polynesia