Feeling Overwhelmed Sailing To Tonga
We say a sad farewell to the dream that was Niue and set sail for Tonga. It’s the last destination of the season for us and feelings of overwhelm start to settle in the closer we get.
252 nautical miles of uninterrupted sailing in the South Pacific. It’s the perfect amount of sailing if you ask Jason and enough time for me to thoroughly dwell on all the tasks ahead. And dwell I do…allowing my mind to roll in cadence with each eight to ten-foot swell.
Sailing into Tonga felt like floating into a mystical scene worthy of a good fantasy novel. Perhaps written by J. R. R. Tolkien or C.S. Lewis or another great author with lots of initials.
It’s yet another destination that pokes at my curiosity and tugs at my need to explore. Tiny rock islands, layers of green hills and all surrounded by varying shades of blue.
But, we’re on limited exploration time here because we have work to do and a flight to catch.
Boat Life & Overwhelm
We keep a lot of lists. Mostly to-do lists. There’s a list for boat repairs, for maintenance and for parts needed.
Lists are supposed to be good. They bring order to the chaos, help us remember things and focus the mind.
But sometimes, like this time, the list makes me wish I could jump overboard, turn into a mermaid and swim far, far away from every single item listed.
Sadly, I have not grown gills and thus, shall remain a human. Sigh.
The good news is, I am a pro procrastinator. So, as you may have gathered from the little preview at the end of this video…I find plenty of distractions to avoid having to tackle any of those lists before absolutely necessary.
🙏 THANK YOU!
We keep creating and sharing because of you. Each time you read, watch, comment, share, shop our gear store or put tips in our production jar you make this all possible. If you like what you see, click here to learn how you can show your support. Thank you for being a part of the journey!
🎥 CAMERA GEAR USED IN THIS VIDEO 📷
- Sony rx10: https://amzn.to/2QAHxwx
- Sony rx100: gonewiththewynns.com/product/productsony-dsc-rx100m-iii-cyber-shot-digital-still-camera
- Sony rx0ii: gonewiththewynns.com/product/tiny-travel-camera
- 360 Camera: https://amzn.to/2pzbIs0
HOW WE POWER OUR HOME: LITHIUM BATTERIES, SOLAR, WATER & MORE…
- All Things Off Grid: gonewiththewynns.com/living-off-grid-rv-sailboat
⛵SAILING SPECIFIC GEAR
- Chartplotter: https://amzn.to/2xHqxsV
- Garmin InReach: gonewiththewynns.com/product/inreach-satellite-communication-and-tracking
- iPad Mount at Helm: https://amzn.to/2RWRz95
- Sailing/Navigation Apps:
- Weather, Messaging & Email: gonewiththewynns.com/product/iridium-go-predictwind
- Source: http://bit.ly/artlist-gwtw
- Artists – Giants & Pilgrims (Intro & Last Song), Caleb Etheridge, James Forest & Stanley Gurvich.
⛵ SAILING REPORT
To see our full map with interactive pins, click here: gonewiththewynns.com/map
- Nautical Miles Sailed: 252
- Date: July 2019