The Greatest Race On Keels!
What happens when three camera-toting, YouTube publishing, shameless sailors all drop the hook in the same bay? THE GREATEST RACE ON KEELS!
That’s right, it’s the very first Pineapple Cup Competition. Set in the beautiful Koko Bay in Vava’u Tonga. It’s a clash of titans…a rumble of regular ‘ol Joes battling it out for bragging rights.
You’ve never seen any of us like this before. Raw and uncensored, it’s dinghies gone wild.
When we saw Zatara and Drenched both sitting in the bay it hit us instantly…let’s do something crazy! Because they’re crazy, we’re crazy, why not be crazy together.
That’s when we came up with the idea of a dinghy race. It all came together in less than 48 hours and man was it a blast to film. And yes, Zatara really did win the race. It was a bad track design on our part. We should have made more turns and less straightaways! 😆 Next time!
Speaking of next time, what should we do next? National Lampoons Tonga Vacation?
A big thanks to both Drenched and Zatara for taking the time to make this ridiculous video with us.
- Expedition Drenched – youtube.com/channel/UCo1SVuhySkvvbMxWljBSY1g
- Sailing Zatara – youtube.com/channel/UCNYlvlreZiRRHo_v5Nmrfow
Special thanks to…
S/V WIZ for being our judges and helping out with our action cameras.
Selfia crew for being behind-the-scenes drone ninjas.
🙏 MADE POSSIBLE BY YOU!
These stories are possible because of you. Each time you read, watch, comment, share, shop our gear store or put tips in our production jar you make this all possible. If you like what you see, click here to learn how you can show your support. Thank you for being a part of the journey!
🎥CAMERA GEAR USED IN THIS VIDEO📷
- Sony rx10: https://amzn.to/2QAHxwx
- Sony rx100: gonewiththewynns.com/product/productsony-dsc-rx100m-iii-cyber-shot-digital-still-camera
- Sony rx0ii: gonewiththewynns.com/product/tiny-travel-camera
- Drone: https://amzn.to/2VQ2pzi
- Go Pro Hero: https://amzn.to/2FsF7cx
- Virb (camera with the action overlays): gonewiththewynns.com/product/virb
🚣 DINGHY & ACCESSORIES
- Dinghy: Highfield CL340 / With Yamaha F25 (love our setup!)
- Magnetic Tricolor Light For Night: gonewiththewynns.com/product/lights-torches
- Cool Underwater Light: navisafe.com/project/navilight-glowtube-114/
- Dinghy Anchor: gonewiththewynns.com/product/mantus-anchor
- Use this link for 2 FREE months of downloads: http://bit.ly/artlist-gwtw
- Artists in this vid: Rex Banner, Ian Post, Oliver Michael, and Lalinea
To see our full map with interactive pins, click here: gonewiththewynns.com/map
- Anchorage: Koko Bay, Vava’u Tonga
- Date: August 2019