The Most Incredible Place You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
When we first set off to sail about the world, the idea was to travel like the great explorers of the past, weather storms and discover places we didn’t know existed. But I never expected it all to work out so verbatim.
Yet, here we are on a seemingly unknown island paradise with good food, clear water and immersive hikes. Niue is the most amazing destination we never knew existed.
I know we should be grateful for the brief but glorious days we had. But what can I say…we’re greedy! Waking up to that westerly forecast was more disappointing than blowing out my favorite hiking shoes on a sharp coral trail.
So goes the life of a sailor. We’re on mother natures schedule, whether we like it or not (pun intended).
Putting aside the sad news that we have to rush out, Niue really is the most incredible place. It’s not teeming with tourists and that is shocking. Because aside from National Parks like Arches, Zion and Carlsbad Caverns I have never seen anything quite like this. Especially from a single island! I would have stayed for months if the weather and customs would have allowed it. We had never heard of this place before sailing the South Pacific. Now I’m wondering…just how many more gems like this are out there hiding?
Determined to make lemons out of lemonade, we’re gonna squeeze life out of every hour we have left. So stay tuned because next time we’re cave diving with sea snakes and taking on the islands most challenging (not on the tourist map) adventure!
🙏 THANK YOU!
We keep creating and sharing because of you. Each time you read, watch, comment, share, shop our gear store or put tips in our production jar you make this all possible. If you like what you see, click here to learn how you can show your support. Thank you for being a part of the journey!
🎥 CAMERA GEAR USED IN THIS VIDEO 📷
- Sony rx10: https://amzn.to/2QAHxwx
- Sony rx100: gonewiththewynns.com/product/productsony-dsc-rx100m-iii-cyber-shot-digital-still-camera
- Sony rx0ii: gonewiththewynns.com/product/tiny-travel-camera
HOW WE POWER OUR HOME: LITHIUM BATTERIES, SOLAR, WATER & MORE…
- All Things Off Grid: gonewiththewynns.com/living-off-grid-rv-sailboat
⛵SAILING SPECIFIC GEAR
- Weather, Messaging & Email: gonewiththewynns.com/product/iridium-go-predictwind
🚣 Dinghy & Accessories
- Dinghy: Highfield CL340 / With Yamaha F25 (love our setup!)
- Magnetic Tricolor Light For Night: gonewiththewynns.com/product/lights-torches
- Cool Underwater Light: navisafe.com/project/navilight-glowtube-114/
- Dinghy Anchor: gonewiththewynns.com/product/mantus-anchor
- Source: http://bit.ly/artlist-gwtw
- Artists: Giants and Pilgrims (intro), Russo, Rex Banner, Red City Hero, Russo and Weinberg,
⛵ SAILING REPORT
To see our full map with interactive pins, click here: gonewiththewynns.com/map
- Date: July 2019