Marine Watches – Crazy Multi Functional
Bad A$$ Smart Watch Specifically Designed for the Water
There are a ton of features on these watches and we haven’t harnessed even half of them yet. We’re still in testing mode but will give everyone a solid review soon.
These watches are one of the reasons we chose Garmin for our electronics on the boat. It’s made with sailors and boaters in mind but it has apps way beyond that. We’ve been using them while hiking through the jungle in Panama, keeping track of barometric pressure when the storm clouds are on the horizon and setting fitness goals to help motivate us. Technology blows my mind and I love it!
A few of our fave features right now:
- Connects with our Garmin chartplotter to provide autopilot control, remote waypoint marking, data streaming, and more
- MOB feature
- App controls our FUSION stereo
- We can set up notifications and reminders
- it automatically uploads to Garmin Connect online fitness (no need to remember to connect and upload info)
- Tons of free watch faces and apps from the Connect IQ™ store
- Battery performance: up to 2 weeks in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 24 hours in GPS mode and up to 60 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode. Super easy to re-charge with a USB connector.
It this watch still good without wifi? Can it still connect in the middle of nowhere?
Curious Minion –
It is like any smart watch and can connect from anywhere, but you won’t be able to use all of the boat functions without WiFi.
The link takes me to a different watch. Is this one still available? Thanks
Curious Minion –
The link is correct. The display is all digital, so you can choose what the watch face looks and scroll the all the menus.
Not a review, sorry. If I don’t use a Garmin GPS on my boat do any of the cool marine/sailing functions work? Absolutely love your channel!
Now that Garmin BlueChart has been discontinued, what do you recommend using as a chart plotting app on an iPad?
Nikki Wynn –
We also use inavx (because it’s good to have more than one) but Garmin Bluecharts will now be Active Captain (Active Captain sent out an email to customers). We have been big fans of Active Captain which means it’s only getting better with more features! I think it should be released soon if it isn’t already.